We make so many decisions over a lifetime. Some turn out to be unimportant...and some turn out to be the key to everything. If we only knew their significance at the time.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Things I Learned While On Vacation

So I've been home from our family vacation for 5 days. My house is a wreck, I still have loads of laundry and suitcases to unpack, pictures to upload and edit, but I could care less, because we had a kick butt vacation! However, I did learn several lessons while on vacation...here are the ones I can remember...

  • 4 hour plane rides are too long with a non-sleepy 1 year old in your arms...especially when she keeps playing peek-a-boo with the people sitting behind you...and never mind the part of her jumping on her Momma's full bladder.
  • Popcorn and ice cream is an awesome dinner for a 5 year old.
  • My favorite rides at Disneyland and California Adventure were the 'kid' ones.
  • Disney makes even adults feel like a kid.
  • Skin burns on a cloudy day...duh.
  • Pasta salad tastes especially good when it's sitting in my lap...did I mention it was sitting on a WHITE skirt! Something is always bound to happen when I wear white.
  • I do NOT look cool running on the beach.
  • Keeping my children on MO time was not possible...it was a nice try though.
  • It's very difficult to explain homelessness to a 5 year old.
  • E likes...no LOVES ice cream.
  • Nothing beats Amycakes...I don't care if your bakery won the Cupcake Wars...Nothing beats my Amycakes!
  • Sleeping with a 5 year old is not fun...I have never been kicked so many times in my life!
  • Packing to come home sucks...why did I say YES to everything G wanted???
  • E really likes her Momma...I mean REALLY...
  • Nothing beats the smiles we saw from our girls on vacation! Made it so worth it!

Family self portrait at the beach!

No comments: