We make so many decisions over a lifetime. Some turn out to be unimportant...and some turn out to be the key to everything. If we only knew their significance at the time.
Monday, September 1, 2008
Tough Job
This is not a news flash...being a Mom is tough! If you are a Mom you know exactly what I am talking about. It's the best job in the world, but also the toughest. I find myself in the 'Grace worry-zone' way too often, but those that know me well know that is just me. Let me tell you why this is coming up...on Thursday, Grace was at the sitter and took a little fall off of the swing. She was sitting on the 'big girl swing' (it wasn't moving) and she just let go. She fell backwards about a foot and landed on her lower back. I get especially uptight when she takes a fall and lands on her back or neck due to her history. She was fine and got herself up and went on her way playing. We kept a close eye on her and didn't see anything until Saturday night. I noticed that her back was bruised along her lower spine. Chris was gone and it was 9 o'clock at night and I wasn't sure what I should do. Of course, I couldn't get in touch with Chris...no one's cell phone was working at the Razorback Stadium in Fayetteville. I made the decision to wait until the morning and call her surgeon. We contacted his office and his partner called us back. She told us not to worry, unless we see that Grace is in pain or is acting differently. I had a feeling that is what we would be told, but you just never know. This morning I was reading one of my 'chic' books and came across this...'We make so many decisions over a lifetime. Some turn out to be unimportant...and some turn out to be the key to everything. If we only knew their significance at the time.' What a true statement. I make so many decisions for Grace and I don't know the significance of them. I can't go around second guessing myself, I have to do what I feel is right at the time for her. Fortunately, I feel that I made the right decision to wait to call her doctor. Life happens so fast and I always want to make the right decisions, I know I can't be right 100% of the time, but I'm going to always try my best. Looking back, I have made several decisions in my life and Grace's life that ended up being significant and I am glad that I made those decisions!
Well said! Often times we make decisions and we don't know or see the outcome for awhile. Many times we make decisions and never know how they affected someone else.
You're a great mom Heather! :) When I first had Jackson, someone told me "trust your instincts" and I thought - I have no instincts - He's my first baby... oh but was I wrong! You do have instincts and that's what being a mom is all about... Love that baby and trust those instincts! You rock!
2 comments:
Well said! Often times we make decisions and we don't know or see the outcome for awhile. Many times we make decisions and never know how they affected someone else.
You're a great mom Heather! :) When I first had Jackson, someone told me "trust your instincts" and I thought - I have no instincts - He's my first baby... oh but was I wrong! You do have instincts and that's what being a mom is all about... Love that baby and trust those instincts! You rock!
Post a Comment