We make so many decisions over a lifetime. Some turn out to be unimportant...and some turn out to be the key to everything. If we only knew their significance at the time.

Friday, August 29, 2008

Radiothon

I went to a local radio station (92.9 Bass Country) and was interviewed for the Children's Miracle Network Radiothon that takes place in the Spring. They asked me to 'tell' Grace's story and now they are going to take pieces of my interview and set it to music to play during the Radiothon. Charlie from the station and Heather Moore from CMN were there. They were great, they made me feel very comfortable. Seriously, what could be better than talking about your kid for 45 minutes! After I left the station I found myself in deep thought about the whole situation. The path that Grace has taken us down hasn't been easy, but at the same time it has made me a stronger person. Grace has taught me so many lessons in her short life and I feel like I enjoy life even more now than I did just a few years ago. Of course, we are much busier now than we ever were, but it's all worth it to see Grace's grinning face! I enjoy being able to tell Grace's story...I want to be able to educate other people about her condition, especially, if they are in a similar situation. If people are on the fence about donating to CMN or even asking for assistance from them, go ahead. When asking for assistance, it's not all about the financial help, but the friendships that you get to create. The people that work at CMN, have been great to us and so very understanding!

Here's a picture of Grace at Jordan Valley Park a few weeks ago. We were at a photo shoot for the Children's Miracle Network...I think she was getting a little bored while we waited for it to be her turn to be in front of the camera! She did, however, have a great time...once we got her to look at the camera and smile!

No comments: