We make so many decisions over a lifetime. Some turn out to be unimportant...and some turn out to be the key to everything. If we only knew their significance at the time.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
My Hero
Today was my 'first day with kids'. The day went by so quickly, I had such a headache when it was all over! I enjoyed meeting and getting to know the new students. Of course I always feel frustration this time of year due to paperwork. I had hopes that this year would be different, but it's not! There are just so many of them! Anyway, I spend 3 hours a day in regular education classrooms co-teaching. In one of those classes my partner had an activity for them to complete about themselves. The last question was about a hero...who was their hero and why? I heard a lot of heartfelt answers to that, of course there were the ones that didn't take it seriously. The heartfelt responses got me to thinking...my hero is my Mom. She has been a hero to me for a very long time. She is a very strong person and always finds a way to get through the things that life just throws at you (I feel that Gary, my step-dad, helps to keep her strong, too). My Mom has always been there for me. We have always been very close, but with the birth of Grace we have become even closer. I tell her everything...well...almost everything! She has been very supportive of our decisions that we have made as parents, as well as the rest of our family. She laughs with me and cries with me and I'm sure she rolls her eyes at me! I'm very lucky to have her in my life. Mom- I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment