We make so many decisions over a lifetime. Some turn out to be unimportant...and some turn out to be the key to everything. If we only knew their significance at the time.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Tornado story...

Well I have a Tornado story that I wanted to share, well I guess it's not mine, it belongs to Chris, Grace & Nana! On Tuesday, my Mom (Nana) came down to help me out with Grace, because I was having some dental stuff done and knew I wouldn't feel like doing much of anything. Well Grace ended up getting sick at the babysitter's. When Mom picked her she had been crying a lot and no one could figure out what was wrong with her. Well once Mom got her home Grace started throwing up. I know, no tornado yet! By the time Chris got home from work Grace had gotten worse and we decided to take her in to the Pediatric Urgent Care. We have an awesome PUC and never second guess taking Grace there. So Chris, Grace & Nana were off and I stayed home with Uncle Rusty...actually I got in bed, just didn't feel very well. Grace ended up having a double ear infection and her bowels were very backed up and she needed an enema. So here's the good part, on their way home (it was stormy) Chris and Nana felt the car doing something off ( Chris had my Xterra floored and was only going 50 mph). Chris looked over and he was pretty sure that what he was looking at was a tornado...right in his face. He called the station (KY3) and they said nothing was on the radar, just a thunder storm. When he got to work the next morning this is what he found:

Springfield [Greene Co, MO] NWS storm survey reports TORNADO at 10 Feb, 10:50 PM CST -- the initial reports from a NWS ground survey indicate that a tornado intermittently caused damage to homes and businesses along with trees and power lines starting southwest of the interstection of Republic and Scenic extending northeast to the intersection of Fremont and Catalpa. Based upon these intial reports winds up to 100 mph...or EF1 on the Enhanced Fujita Scale...was indicated by the damage.

They were in the area of Republic and Scenic at this exact time. Chris checked his phone to see what time he called the station and the times matched up! Oh my, now they can say they lived through a tornado!

1 comment:

Angie said...

That is so weird. B/c I was driving along James River in that area and was seeing some damage to fences in just one little area and thought that was odd, but hadn't heard anything. Hmmm! Glad it wasn't anything bigger than that.