#6 I feel like I am spending more quality time with my girls. Of course the quantity is more, but the quality is just incredible.
#7 I could care less that Grace's room is a wreck...and Grace feels the same way!
#8 I had way less laundry to do due to pajama days and comfy pants and tee's days!
#9 I ADORE these girls so much, I didn't need a week of snow days to tell me this, but I wanted to add it anyway.
I don't know if I'll ever have the opportunity to stay home with my girls, but if (and hopefully when) the situation arises I am so there. There's something missing for me and I'm not feeling fulfilled with my current position, but being home with my girls has been so rewarding. I'm willing to make sacrifices for the next few years if need be to allow me the opportunity to stay home with Elise and take Grace to school and pick her up each day. Take Grace a special lunch to school and eat with her. Be there for her class parties. Be able to come immediately if the school nurse calls and Grace needs me...it's the worst feeling having to wait for someone to take over my job before I can go take care of the needs of my own children. Be front and center for all of Elise's firsts. BUT, I have to keep reminding myself 'Happiness depends on ourselves', I refuse to make myself miserable, I will make the best of it and continue to be happy no matter where I spend my days.
Minnow
5 months ago



No comments:
Post a Comment